Each year, Trillium Lakelands District School Board provides an opportunity to parents, students, staff, community partners, and community members to review and comment on the draft School Year Calendar for the upcoming school year.
The 2020-2021 School Year Calendar presents a unique situation where the Labour Day holiday falls in the second week of September on the 7th. The proposed calendar is designed to:
- Have students start on September 8th, after Labour Day.
- Maintain the 194 Ministry of Education required instructional days.
- Ensure that the first and second semester have an equal number of instructional days.
- Schedule PD Days as per Ministry requirements and Collective Agreements.
- End the school year by June 30, 2021.
Please note that two PD Days and a Board Instructional Holiday have been incorporated prior to the first day of school to meet the above criteria.
With these criteria in mind, please review the draft 2020-2021 TLDSB School Year Calendar and let us know what you think in this brief survey: